18 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Were A Tomboy Growing Up
If you need me, I'll be up that tree...
1) Family members bought you dolls for a few birthdays…
2) … But soon realised that these were more up your street
3) Your friends liked playing ‘pretend’ when you went to their house
2) But you were much happier just climbing trees in the garden
Photo: Huff Post
3) While other girls wanted to be Belle and Jasmine, you identified most with Pocahontas…
4) And Mulan
5) Until you were a bit older and this film came out
6) You were CONSTANTLY making dens
Photo: Josie Crafter
7) And you used to daydream about one day making a real treehouse
8) Your hair was always knotty …
9) Your knees were constantly scabbed…
Photo: Last Of The Summer Girls
10)… And the soles of your feet were permanently dirty
11) You were the only girl in your gang when playing outside…
12) Because you never understood why girls spent so much playing time making up dance routines.
13) Dungarees were your life
14) (And that’s not changed)
15) While other girls had one of these…
16) … You were more into these 17) You firmly believe that being a tomboy made you who you are today
18) (And by that you mean pretty awesome)
Newsletter Terms & Conditions
Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.
Read our full
Cookies help us deliver our services.