The National Geographic Travel Photography competition finds photographers who can capture the world's beautiful landscapes, people and moments like no other. We know that when this list of the best of the best is released, we're in for a real treat.
This year's competition received more than 15,000 entries in the category of nature, people and cities, from travellers around the world. Sergio Tapiro Velasco took the grand prize for his image of an active volcano in Mexico, alongside an amazing list of other snapshots that won positions of runners up, special mentions and people's choices.
This gallery of images not only shows our planet at its most sublime, it also demonstrates the impact of a talented photographer's eye on a final composition. These snapshots may all fall into the same category in photography, but no two are of the same family. Enjoy....
1) The Power Of Nature, Rancho De Aguirre, Colima, Mexico
2) Nature: Forest Of The Fairy, Tamba, Japan
3) Under The Wave, Tavarua, Fiji
4) Colorful Market, Bangkok, Thailand
5) Marble Caves, Torres Del Paine, Magallanes, Chile
6) Henningsvær Football Field, Henningsvær, Nordland, Norway
7) Workship, Konya, Turkey
8) Mt. Bromo, East Java, Indonesia
9) Interesting Moment, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
10) Buff Tailed Coronet, Ecuador
11) The Man's Stare, Gazipur, Bangladesh
12) To Live, Oinukake, Miyagi, Japan
13) Levels Of Reading, Stuttgart, Germany
14) Crocodiles At Rio Tarcoles, Costa Rica
15) In Your Face, Cuba
16) Al Ain, Al BuraymĪ, Muhafazat Al Buraymi, Oman
17) Bridging Generation, New Delhi, Nct, India
18) Sand Porter, Munshiganj, Dhaka, Bangladesh
19) Walled City #08, Hong Kong
20) Blessings At Besakih, Bali
21) Colorful Apartment, Kitagata, Gifu, Japan