In the night of Halloween, under no circumstances should you leave the house looking anything human, or the undead will come and take you with them in this night when the two worlds collide... So to brace yourself against the evil forces, Megumi Matsuno taught us how to disguise with a monster mouth and freaky fingers...
Photography by Sam Ashley
For the mouth:
* black eyeliner pencil
* white water based body paint
* neon yellow and orange face paint
* black waterproof eyeliner
* cotton buds
* Makeup brushes – small, medium and large
For the fingers:
* blue and yellow water based body paint
* red nail varnish
1. Draw the shape you want on a piece of paper
2. After applying your usual foundation, copy the drawing in black eye pencil onto your mouth, making sure it’s symmetrical. Use a cotton bud to blend the lines, making a bit of shading, and to clean up around the outside of the lines
3. Apply the neon yellow face paint with the medium sized makeup brush to the outer sections. Then the white face paint to the inner sections over the lips
4. Draw over the original black lines with black waterproof eyeliner then apply dots and lines in the middle using neon orange face paint and a small makeup brush. Tidy up around the outside with a cotton bud and makeup remover or foundation.
NB use a straw to drink with!
Apply two coats of red nail varnish and wait to dry. Then using the large makeup brush paint blue body paint from the tip of the finger to just below the first knuckle, going over the nails (you will clean this up later). Using a new brush paint yellow body paint from the first knuckle to just below the second knuckle, blending the blue into the yellow using your finger. Clean the nail with dry tissue, careful not to use baby wipes as they will take too much of the paint off
Megumi used MAC Cosmetics