While it's cold outside, curl up in front of the fireplace (or TV or laptop in case you don't live in a mansion or chalet) and knit yourself (or a good soul you forgot on X mas) this cute snood scarf beanie hybrid.
You will need:
*Two 50g balls of chunky-weight yarn
*Two 6mm knitting needles
*Knitter’s sewing needle
Cast on 77 stitches.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: Purl.
Row 3: Knit 4 stitches, yarnover (yo), knit two stitches together (k2tog), *knit 3 stitches, yarnover, knit two stitches together, repeat from * to the last stitch, knit that stitch.
Repeat these 3 rows thirteen more times, then repeat rows 1 and 2 once more.
To make up:
Fold the knitting in half so that the ends of the rows align. Thread the knitter’s sewing needle with 1 metre of yarn and use backstitch to sew the row ends together, sewing one stitch in from the edge. Sew the tails of yarn left from casting on and off into the seam to tidy them out of the way.
Stitches you will need to know:
1. Hold the needle with the cast on stitches in your left hand.
*From left to right, put the tip on the right-hand needle into the front of the first stitch.
2. Wind the working yarn around the tip of the right-hand needle, going under and then over the top of the needle.
3. Bring the right-hand needle, and the loop of yarn around it, through the stitch on the left-hand needle.
4. Keeping the loop in the right-hand needle, slip the first stitch off the left hand needle. You have knitted one stitch. Repeat from * until you have knitted all the stitches on the left-hand needle. Then swap the needles in your hands and you are ready to begin the next row.
1. Hold the needle with the stitches in your left hand.
*From right to left, put the tip of the right-hand needle into the front of the first stitch.
2. From front to back, wind the working yarn over the tip of the right hand needle.
3. Bring the right-hand needle, and the loop of the yarn around it, through the stitch on the left-hand needle.
4. Keeping the loop on the right-hand needle, slip the first stitch off the left-hand needle. You have purled one stitch. Repeat from * until you have purled all the stitches on the left-hand needle. Then swap the needles in your hands and you are ready to begin the next row.
In this method you knit two stitches together to make one. The decreases slants to the right on a knit row,
Knit the position of the decrease. From left to right, put the tip of the right-hand needle through the front of the second stitch from the end of the left-hand needle, then through the first one. Knit the two stitches together in the usual way, just as if they were one. You have made two stitches into one and so decreased by one stitch.
Bring the yarn forward between the tips of the needle to the front of the work then take it over the top of the right-hand needle to the back
again, ready to knit the next stitch.