Waves not working? Run on the sand and work out more muscles than pounding pavements.
When you take to your local beach instead of using the park or pavement you’re sure to:
- Lose more fat and add additional muscle
- Get a great workout in less time (your sand-running heart rate will match that of your street-running heart rate, but at lower mileage.)
- Significantly strengthen lower-body stabiliser muscles.
- Reduce your chance of injury (because you’re forced to run at a slower pace).
- Get an additional strength and resistance training when you hit the deep sand.
- Sand sprints will boost your quad muscles and better your overall sprint speed.