After the drabbest start to a summer ever, the sun is finally blazing its ass off and the heat is most definitely ON. So it’s the perfect time for us to knock up a water melon smoothie and get totally tropical with this issue’s cover star, the Hawaiian rookie wonder surfer Malia Manuel.
Here in London it’s Olympic Fever time so we’re basking in that global spotlight with sporty shoots, an East London hangout guide & chats with 2012 MTB hopeful Annie Last
Other issue highlights include:
– The new 5-times ASP World Champ Steph Gilmore tells us why she loves surfing
– We chat to the big wave tamer Savannah Shaughnessy
– And the Californian street skater Lacey Baker
– We look beyond the surfer girl Gidget-style stereotype with women’s ambassador Cori Schumacher
– And take on the planet’s toughest MTB race
– We catch up with Euro shredder Anne-Flore Marxer
– And speak to enchanted artist Kareena Zerefos
– We keep the Olympic vibe flowing with a travel guide to Rio
– And learn how to make our own hammocks
– We speak to the star of the timely track and field flick Fast Girls
– And we interview the girl garage rockers behind Bleached
Plus plenty of news and views on everything from boardsports to bikes, and the best summer sport & street fashion around, including graphic wetsuits, new age threads, camo love, jock-inspired trends, and a 20-page sport fashion special, called as you might have guessed, Olympia.