It’s that time of year again; the Animal Windfest is back for its 9th year down at Sandbanks Beach in Poole. As its Animal’s 20th Anniversary, the 2007 Windfest is set to be the biggest and best yet; they’ve got some very special surprises planned this year so keep checking the website to keep up to date.
The Animal Windfest offers a feast for all windsurfers and kite surfers. For starters, they have two new race formats for amateurs: the Animal Tag Team Blaster and Neilpryde Open Slalom.
For the main course they are dishing out the hottest pro action including UKWA Windsurf Freestyle and for kite surfers the BKSA Downwinder and Big Air Open.
For desert they’ll be bringing along the usual feast of freesports attractions, the legendary Animal Braun cruZer Bike Tour, UK Thundercats Championship, Breeze Volkswagon Pool Gap Project, 2008 Kit Exhibition and Beach Volleyball Grand Slam.
Brand new for 07 is The Animal Tag Team Blaster, the concept is an event that will appeal to all abilities.
Here’s how it works:
• Line up a team of 4 windsurfing buddies
• It’s a relay race with one sailor from each team doing a leg before tagging a team mate for the next leg
• Each leg is a ½ mile blast out to buoy, gybe round and blast back into the beach
• Each team gets one rash vest that needs to be swapped and worn by each competitor
• Team riders can share equipment or use their own
• Entry cost is £40 which gives you entry to the Neilpryde Slalom as well and a party ticket and competitor t-shirt on the day entry is £45
• Lots of prizes to be won from Animal
• To enter please go to www.animalwindfest.co.uk and enter online
Of course, they’ll also be hosting their infamous socials in the evenings: Friday night’s 007 themed Butterfly Ball and Saturday night’s Official Animal 20th Anniversary Party. New for this year, Corona Beer will be coming on board to mix it up with Animal to create the best parties and soirees to date.
It’s going to be one for the photo album this year, so keep an eye on the website for updates.