The latest issue of Cooler deserves less a drum roll than a full on Animal from the Muppets, Dave Grohl Nirvana days, freak out, for we have none other than the four times ASP World Champion and queen of women’s surfing Steph Gilmore on the cover (and we also did a lil behind the scenes video of our cover shoot…)!!
Nicole Maria Winkler shot her exclusively for the cover in London and in our interview we chat about her love of fashion, music, and big cities. We’re also the first magazine to ask her how it feels to not be World Champion anymore, after she recently lost the title she’d held since her rookie year on the tour in 2007.
Other issue highlights include:
– A profile of star Brazilian street skater Leticia Bufoni
– With Carissa Moore from Hawaii the new World Surf Champ, we look at how women in Hawaii were surfing way back in the 1800s
– A pro surf trip to the balmy breaks of Sri Lanka
– A solo surf trip to deepest, briskest Scotland
– The best campsites for shredders
– An interview with the producer of Brazilian surf film Rio Breaks
– A travel guide to San Diego, action sports capital USA
– Skiing amongst the machine guns in Kashmir
– An interview with the musical enigma that is tUnE-yArDs
– How to make your own friendship bracelet
– How bikes are changing women’s lives in Uganda
Plus plenty of news and views on everything from boardsports to bikes, and the best sport & street fashion on the planet, including a tribal mash up, 80s patterns, floral footwear, caravan park chic and an exclusive block colour swimwear shoot styled by Lilia Toncheva-O-Rourke and shot by legendary photographer David Titlow.
Knock yourself out y’all!