We all know that plastic is bad for the environment. We try and recycle, we have bags for life and we (hopefully) don’t go around throwing plastic wrappers on the floor.
The fact of the matter however, is that plastic is still a major part of our consumer culture and it’s almost impossible to cut it out altogether.
Taking part in beach cleans and sharing post on being more eco-conscious is the easy part. The hard bit is actually getting rid of plastic coming into your life at all.
Why Is Plastic So Bad For The Planet?
- Most plastic is not biodegradable or recyclable
- It’s harmful to wildlife who mistake them for food and choke on them
- It litters the landscape and clog waterways
- Millions of gallons of petroleum is used to produce it
- It can last between 500 and 1000 years in landfills
Luckily, there’s a lot of work being put onto stopping the effects of plastic waste on the planet, starting with this personal online test…