What makes a free spirit?
We imagine that all free spirits live on the open road, with no responsibilities, doing whatever spontaneous thing they fancy at the drop of a hat. This isn't always true however, a free spirit works for what they truly want and know how to live in the moment, no matter whether that thing is travelling the world or just going for their dream career.
Jamie Anderson is a free spirit in all ways. While she spends her life on the road, exploring different countries and parts of the world, she has also pursued a career in doing exactly what she like to do the most - snowboarding. The professional snowboarder recently told GNU exactly how she manages to keep her life in balance and stress free, while training as one of the world's top athletes.
From things to have on the road, to how to prepare your body for the winter season, to keeping personal balance all year round, here are Jamie's quick fire, free spirited tips...
5 Tips To Prepare For Winter
- Get grounded
- Eat clean
- Self care
- Dry land training ( slack line, core work, MTN biking, skating)
Give away alert ???????????? Check out the new GNU site up now with my signature boards, the Ladies Choice and Free Spirit. Mervin Made in the USA with Zero Hazardous Waste! Mervin is “A dream factory in a dream location producing dream boards with dream materials and process" Gnu is giving away my #JAFreeSpirit board right now! Enter to win at Gnu dot com! Tag your friends in my comments & have them follow me to get on the program... Loving the art by @sarahkingart ! Much love people ❤️✌️???? #mervinmade @mervinmfg @gnusnowboards #gnuladieschoice #gnufreespirit
What Are Some Things That People Don't Know About You?
- I’m a Virgo
- I’m one of 8 kids
- I eat a plant based diet and organic milk for protein
- I love Chinese & Ayurvedic medicine & practice in my own life
- I love giving back in any way and running my charity " the Jamie Anderson foundation" to give kids a chance to get connected to sports and nature …
5 Things You Bring On The Road With You
- Essential oils – Frankincense, ylang ylang, on guard
- Superfoods – goji, chia, hemp, tonic alchemy
- Beats by Dre speaker
- Chinese herbs
5 Tips To Find Your Balance
- Practicing yin/yang (balance of both dualities )
- Pranayama breath work
5 Dreams That You’ve Lived (Since You Are “Living The Dream"!)
- Traveling the world
- Snowboarding most of the year & winning almost every major event
- Having the Freedom to explore and live my life to the fullest
- Shredding Alaska spines
- Living in Canada