1) On Instagram, it's all sunshine, blue skies and getting tanned at the main stage
But any festival we've been to brought more risk of trench foot than getting any tan lines...
2) Festival style? The girls on Instagram have always got it down
We have only one festival look... Waterproof
© Bruce Adams/Daily Mail
3) Let's be honest, festival tents on Instagram are usually nicer than our actual house...
In reality, your pitch will look like this... And then it's downhill from here on
5) Fancy dress on Instagram is legitimately awe inspiring
Carnival Parade. #Bestival 2014. A photo posted by Bestival (@bestival) on
At a real festival? Onesies, as far as the eye can see...
6) On Instagram you're always at the front for your favourite band's set
7) People at festivals on Instagram are eating super healthy all weekend long
Sorry for the lack of porridge posts - I was mugged last weekend so I have no phone. I am off to South Africa until mid July travelling so will be using a camera to post instead of a phone. Anyway, in the blog today - I am talking about the rise in #freefrom and #veganfriendly food trucks and stalls in the UK, as well as more healthy options than the usual greasy offerings! ???????????? A photo posted by Julia (@themorningbowl) on
Reality? You'll eat whatever is cheapest and will keep you alive
8) According to Instagram, you'll camp next to these guys and become fast friends...
A photo posted by Carley Russo (@carley_russo) on
In reality, you'll crack open your first drink as these guys pitch up next to you...
8) The journey home on Instagram is happy, easy and a great end to the weekend...
A photo posted by Rosie Knott (@rosieaok) on