Do you sometimes think about what life was like, before kids had mobile phones and iPads on the top of their christmas lists?
Now, we're not saying that life was better in 'the good old days'. There are so many things we're happy to have today, that people couldn't have even dreamed of a few decades ago. Better equality, better schooling, wider access to good education... being a kid now aint bad. We just wonder is todays kids are missing out on some pretty rad parts of growing up because of all the technology available to them all the time.
Bored Panda seem to share the same thinking and have put together this collection of old photographs of kids playing outside. As they have perfectly put it, they prove that "all you really need to enjoy yourself is a little bit of imagination."
1) Homemade go kart racing, 1940s
2) Not A Console In Sight...
3) Playing on the Swings
4) Skateboarding In New York, 1960
5) Hanging out in 1954, in Finchley, London
6) Dog's Best Friend
7) Playing in the street in 1964
8) Handstand in South Street, 1956
9) Dancing In The Street In The 1940s
10) Girl Playing Music For Her Dog
11) Space Hopping Through The Centre of London