I’m back. Hello!
Some things that have happened in my absence:
1. I’ve created another human. That makes two. But don’t worry I’m not going to overshare and start posting pictures of them painting with their own vomit, talented at that as they are (though I will say the first time they see snow is cuter than life).
2. I’ve moved to the beach. Not this one sadly
Or one which offers up waves like this
But this one which is pretty damn fine especially as it’s just an hour from the London office, which, in other news, has recently been swanked up to the max. And it has palm trees (albeit imported ones, the beach not the office that is, for now anyway).
What else has gone down…oh this one is less rad
3. The magazine has dropped from six issues a year to two. But the upside of that is that we get to spend more time on the site so expect more radass features like this and this and a lot more wham for your bam.
4. Aaaand it’s summertime so it’s all about surf missions and cruising the beach front on bikes (with unhip trailer in tow), until I get one of these, that is:
5. I’m also stoked to see the ASP Women’s World Surf Tour charging towards one of its most exciting endings ever with Tyler Wright and Carissa Moore wrestling for the top spot but with three events left Sally Fitzgibbons and Steph Gilmore are still totally in the mix.
6. What else? Girls’ skateboarding has been off the scale lately as anyone who watched the X Games Barcelona can testify to. I’m also seeing heaps of new girl skaters on the beachfront and hearing similar reports from the smoke which is super rad to hear.
7. Snow-wise we’re heading into an Olympic jamboree winter, which whatever you think of the politics of it all, always gets the riders upping their game. I fully can’t wait to see slopestyle making its event debut and hopefully getting to watch the Team GB cats Jenny Jones, Aimee Fuller and Katie Ormerod staking a claim, alongside the Norwegian awesomeness that is Kjersti Buaas attending her fourth Olympics. Yes fourth.
So all in all it’s sweet to be back and I’m super grateful to the guys for steering the ship and dodging the many icebergs while I was away. Hope you guys are all good, be sure to get in touch through Facebook, Twitter or the comments section below if you want to chat. I’ve missed your voice but you’re looking well 😀