18 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Started Cycling In A City
Punctures will always happen when you're in a rush to get somewhere...
1) Choosing the right bike for you is super important
2) Do you need speed?
4) Or style?
5) There’s nothing worse than going outside to find your trusty steed has been nicked. Make good locks a priority.
6) Punctures will always happen when you’re in a rush to get somewhere
7) So knowing basic bike maintenance is pretty essential
8) Drivers will naturally hate you
9) …. Buses even more
10) But other cyclists get the angriest when you make mistakes
11) You need to understand the road as much as any driver
12) No matter how stressy it gets, keep your zen
13) Feeling nervous? Cycle with friends
14) Don’t be scared of wearing a high-vis jacket. There’s nothing worse than feeling like you’re invisible on the road
15) You will feel like you’re getting everywhere super fast
16) … And feel super smug passing everyone on public transport
17) You suddenly understand the way around your city a lot better
18) And realise there’s nothing better than the freedom to be able to ride wherever you want…
Newsletter Terms & Conditions
Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.
Read our full
Cookies help us deliver our services.