The London Surf Film Festival has just announced its feature film line up for 2013, need a reason to get involved? Here’s five & YOU CAN WIN TICKETS HERE
1. They have a super rad poster. If we could marry a poster this is the one (above) we’d gaze shyly down the aisle at. Co-organiser Demi Taylor tells us it’s based on a Richard Bull oil painting. Simple but mighty fine.
2. There are heaps of cool girl film parts. Lauren Hill stars in Bella Vita, which was discussed in this awesome piece about how we measure talent in surfing, Kassia Meador (above left) stars in The Heart and The Sea, plus Daughter alongside Erin Wormtown, Good Morning Miyakazi features a bunch of talented Japanese surfer girls and The Salt Trail features a girl being pretty awesome by stitching up a head in a pretty major way, though not surfing. Check the full line up here.
3. It’s a great place to meet like-mindeds. How far is London from decent surfable waves!?? Yet this event, now in its fourth year, sells out every time, showing just how many sea-loving frustrated landlocked surfers there are shuffling about the capital. A good place to hang with kindred spirits.
4. The Shorties are always epic too. And it’s super cool to see short surf films on a big screen rather than a juddering grainy over-stickered laptop.
5. Ahem we’re on the panel. But don’t let that put you off as heaps of way more knowledgeable surf film journalists are too!
The London Surf Film Festival, presented by Reef, takes place at the Riverside Studios, Hammersmith from Oct 31-Nov 3 2012
Side point: It’s nice to see Reef involved with something cool like this rather than rehashing the old 90s g-string bikini photos!