Welcome to the sun-bleached shores of Cooler Magazine’s first summer issue, bringing a warm salty wave of surf, skate, bike, and a touch of snow to the plate. Inspiration a plenty for ways to fill your newfound long summer evenings.
On the cover we’ve got prodigal surfer Sally Fitzgibbons, remembering her days as a star-struck 16 year old on the ASP tour, and her current status as a 20 year old ‘granny’ determined to win the World Title. The cover and lifestyle shoot (shot by Kassia Meador), takes full advantage of the rather photogenic backdrop of the North Shore, Hawaii.
Other highlights from the issue include:
– we interview with big wave charger Maya Gabeira about what it really takes to ride a 45-foot wave
– surf journo Sam Bleakley introduces us to China’s fledgling surf industry, with Holly Beck and Kim Mayer
– an extensive surf camp guide, enabling you to start planning your summer now
– a check out of the skate scene in Malmo, Sweden, where the parks are plentiful and the girls’ scene rules
– Amber Wing talks breaking through boundaries in women’s wakeboarding
– meet the girls leading the way in the female BMX scene across the world today
– check out the current London vogue, in the East End Girls fashion shoot
– learn to make a skateboard stencil with Helen Lovelee
Finally get your travel on with a locals guide to Tokyo and a rather unusual snowboard trip to Turkey.
Plus news and views on everything from boardsports to bicycles, sports and street fashion, including a spectral rainbow wardrobe and the dopest New Era caps on the market. Enjoy!
And to make sure you never miss an issue ever again, subscribe now and get an exclusive Cooler tee!