The Winter Olympics is about to drop. And to celebrate this once every four years jamboree, which always shines the brightest light on snowboarding for the world to see, we have exclusive interviews with the reigning halfpipe Gold Medallist Hannah Teter from the USA, one of this year’s main challengers to the throne Torah Bright from Australia, and one of Europe’s shiniest hopes, Lisa Wiik from Norway, who is also our cover star. We also check out the amazing improvement in the Chinese Olympic snowboard team, and how they’ve gone from having one female athlete in the top 30 to three, at least one of which is expected to podium.
Other issue highlights include:
– We interview Pauline Ado and ask if she’s the future of French surfing?
– From Nirvana and Dr. Martens to Pulp Fiction and Edward Scissorhands, not to mention the rapid growth of women’s snowboarding and surfing – why we love the early 90s!
– We speak to Nicole Angelrath, one of the world’s first pro snowboarders
– We interview Brooklyn-based electro band Yeasayer
– We pick the best eco-friendly scents
– Head to head – Euro v US snow camps
Plus plenty of news and views on everything from boardsports to bikes, sport & street fashion, including the best goggles and an exclusive 90s-inspired fashion shoot styled by Loren Platt and shot by cutting-edge photographer Valerie Phillips.
Bring it on!