The Kendal Mountain Film Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious film festivals, kicks off today!
From November 20 – 23, over 50 internationally renowned adventurers, climbers, writers and film-makers will descend on Cumbria from around the world. This year’s festival offers an unequalled range of films, art, debates and lectures from and for people passionate about the mountains and film.Highlights include…
* Catherine Destivelle presents the uk premiere of her film Au Dela Des Cimes with voice over from Brian Blessed.
* Reinhold Messner will be speaking at the festival in a very rare opportunity to hear one of the true greats in the mountaineering world.
* The Man Who Cycled the World, Mark Beaumont will be talking about his 18,000 mile journey across 29 countries. Mark broke the standing Guinness World Record by a margin of 81 days.
* Remy Lecluse, the Chamonix guide and extreme skier who has made over 50 first descents will be appearing and discussing his experiences.
* Russell Brice, the massively experienced expedition leader who has arguably put more clients on the summit of Everest than any other. He will tell of the humour, joy and occasional heartbreak that a typical Everest season brings.
* Talks and events with Graham Milton, Leo Houlding, Steph Davis, Kenton Cool, Chris Bonnington, Zoe Hart, Karen Darke, Andy Cave, and Graham Bell
All events will take place at Brewery Arts Centre, Highgate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4HE.
For further information or to book tickets, visit: mountainfilm.co.uk or call 01539 725133.