1) No matter how well you plan, there will always be a long, long walk to the campsite….
2) The weather will get you – whether it’s through smelly wet socks or sore sunburn
3) Sturdy shoes > pretty shoes. You can thank us later
4) You’re going to miss 30 per cent of your favourite bands. Accept this and move on
5) You will lose all your friends at least once…
6) Arena beer is super expensive. Can you sneak drinks in? We don’t know…… because obviously we’d never do anything like that *cough*
7) Festival food is also super expensive. But after a couple of days living off cereal bars, crisps and cider, those £8 noodles will seem like an amazing idea…
8) You need something big to carry water in – invest in one of these unbelievably handy collapsible water carrier. There are taps all over the campsite to fill them up….
9) You won’t shower, even though there are showers because the queue is ginormous. Get a mate to pour water over your head while you shampoo instead
10) For the not so brave, a good stock of baby wipes are an all-round life saver
11) If you have long hair, this will happen. There’s no avoiding it
12) You can never have enough glitter and face paint….
13) Don’t go too crazy on the first night. Remember that you still have another three (or four!) nights of partying ahead of you
14) The campsite never sleeps…
15) Take cash. There will be ATMs, but they charge and you’re bound to miss at least two acts while waiting in the massive queue