Hannah Bailey from TIEDYEHIGHFIVE might well be the number one tie dye expert in the entire world. We’re more than honoured that she chose to work her magic on some Cooler bags…
words and images by Hannah Bailey
1) A blank and beautiful new Cooler bag waiting for some brightening up. The perfect canvas!
2) We decided on a tie-dye NBD (never-been-done) duo rainbow stripe over two bags. Sometimes you need more than one bag. Fold the bags mirror image so that together they form a rainbow! Accordion folding at an angle, so the folds become bigger at one side, until the two sides meet. This will give you a curve!
3) Elastic band tightly into portions depending how many colours you want (these will be your stripes).
4) Soak them in warm water to prepare for the dye. Rinse out so they are just damp and place in buckets.
5) We had DYLON Sunflower Yellow, Intense Violet and Bahama Blue all ready made up – 250ml water to half a packet.
Get the colour on neatly in each elastic banded portion. Yellow, blue, purple, blue, yellow… that was our equation.
6) Continue until covered as you please (the less covered and less you squish into the creases, the more white will remain).
7) For the straps we used the excess drips of dye in our bucket and squished it in. Waste not want not!
8) Place in an airtight bag overnight for the colour to get on it!
9) 24 hours later (phew, patience), rinse out in cold water until it runs clear.
10) Open out and AWE in admiration. A terrific tie-dye duo! Now what to do next…
#TIEDYEHIGHFIVE to show off your creation and join the revolution.
Want to try it yourself? Tie Dye High Five packs coming soon on NeonStash.com
Check out what else the TIEDYEHIGHFIVE crew has been up to here.