Never fear. We’re here to help with the ultimate ski season packing checklist – plus a couple of helpful tips on how to squeeze all that bulky gear into a single case.
Packing for a ski season with hand luggage only? Watch this handy video…
What To Pack For A Ski Season
You will definitely need the following when packing for a ski season:
- Ski gear – shiny new outerwear is overrated, so don’t feel you need a whole new wardrobe. Although a new pair of skis wouldn’t go amiss…
- Helmet – ah, the helmet debate. It’s an ongoing discussion – here’s why you might consider wearing a helmet.
- Socks, sock and more socks – you can never have too many socks.
- Painkillers – Paracetamol costs £5 as opposed to 18p in the mountains.
- Extension leads – everyone has too many chargers, these will be super handy in a shared dorm.
- A shit (but warm) jacket – otherwise known as a beer coat. It’s got to be cheap and won’t cause grief when it gets stolen from a crowded bar at 2am.
- Condoms – need we say more…
- Duct tape – from re-waterproofing boots to fancy dress assistance, duct tape is must-have stuff.
WHAT NOT TO PACK FOR A SKI SEASON
You definitely won’t need these when packing for a ski season:
- High heels – snow plus stilettos does not mix.
- Any fancy clothing whatsoever (but do bring a million pairs of underwear/ski socks/black trousers)
- Uggs – one word: soggy.
Can’t find the right ski gear to suit you? You be might be interested in reading this piece on why brands are getting rid of women’s ski range.
The ultimate ski season packing checklist
Looking for a more comprehensive list to help with packing for your ski season? Then check out this useful checklist:
- Skis and poles
- Ski/snowboard boots
- Avalanche kit inc. transceiver, shovel, probe
- Outerwear – jacket and pants
- Ski socks
- Ski gloves
- Neck warmers
- Thermal leggings
- Base layer tops
- Beer jacket
- Going out clothes (you probably won’t need a dress all season)
- Flip flops
- Snow boots
Toiletries and First Aid
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair brush
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Make up
- Paracetamol and ibuprofen
- Contact lenses (if you need ’em)
- Phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- Camera and charger
- Plug adaptors
- Playing cards
- Duct tape
- Laundry bag
- Driver’s licence
- Travel insurance
- Visa documents (if you need them)
- Wallet, credit card and cash