We love baking ride goodies to fuel us for our cycling adventures, and we also love making recovery creations for the post-ride fill-up too. This spring, we’ve fallen in love with the highly underestimated fruit: cherries.
Having teamed up with the cherry experts, USA Montmorency Tart Cherries, we’ve learnt that not only do they taste good, there’s a wealth of nutritional and body benefits to be gained by introducing these little red orbs into your diet.
With the expert’s help, we’ve been busy whipping up a storm in the kitchen with a number of delicious cherry recipes to boost your pedal power, and soothe your aching muscles whilst remaining healthy, and easy to make. The video recipe series will cover:
- Cherry almond smoothie (you can watch that here)
- Tart cherry, dark chocolate and cashew granola bars (you can watch that here)
- Tart cherry pie snack balls (you can watch that here)
- Cherry cocoa nib snack bars
- Tart cherry and mint sorbet
Cherry Cocoa Nib Snack Bars: You’ll need…
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries, divided
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs