We’re sure you remember the Beginners Guide to Surf Photography the lovely Lucia Griggi put together and have been snapping away all last summer putting her tips into effect, but if you’ve got the feeling you could use just a little more in depth and on the spot advise, why not go shooting with her personally? That’s what she thought too and so she organised this workshop in Newquay, UK on April 5th, 2013.
Ever dreamed of seeing your photography in the pages of one of the world’s top surf magazines? Or reading your own article in an award winning travel publication?
Well… of course you have…
Get started on your dream by receiving hands-on photography instruction in surf action and travel lifestyle techniques by Lucia, who has been published in dozens of magazines and books world-wide.
Get answers to questions like:
-How do I go about submitting photos to magazines?
-How do I know which magazines to submit to and should I submit to multiple titles?
-How much do I charge?
If you are an aspiring photographer with a passion for documenting surf, travel and action sports, then this is the course for you.
In this course you will:
* Benefit from Lucia’s professional technical guidance.
* Focus on surf photography both in and out of the water.
* Understand how to edit, image enhance, manage files and present
work to your clients.
* Learn about file formats, digital standards, rating your images,tweaking your files for beauty and portraiture, sharpening, custom presets, Photoshop, ftp file transmission, web galleries, retouching for digital, the business of digital.
* Gain insider tips on selling your work and obtaining commissions.
* Develop your own portfolio.
* Your investment in equipment, which lenses and camera bodies to buy that are specific to the surf industry.
* Rates for the surf industry
* Developing story ideas and interviewing
Requirements for the course involve 8 images (jpg) of recent work that must be submitted for review upon application before April 1 st. On the day of the course these images must be brought along. Processed imagery is fine but bring the unedited version along too. We are reviewing applicant work to help you understand your own photos and how to enhance them for publishing quality.
Students must bring their own DSLR camera, a laptop with photo software installed, storage media and other equipment (cord, thumb drive, card reader, etc.) for transferring images from camera to computer.
For more information about the program and instructions on how to apply, email email@example.com Send applications along with imagery via email — closing date is April 1st. Cost: £179
Check out more of Lucia’s art on www.luciagriggi.com