He smacked her down then you guys showed him a serious smackdown
So many mamas so much shred!
Our cover interview with the just slightly famous Hawaiian surfer
The World MTB Champ on why her big bro rules
Before Miley we had Anastasia…
Shredding birthday suit-styleee
“I hate the word adrenaline junkie it makes him sound like a heroin addict but he was not reckless”
We looked at the comments on Alana Blanchard’s Instagram feed and despair for the human race
Ditch the drizzle for a life on snow
Clue: Of course not but here’s why…
Scratching our heads at what goes down at the US Open of Surfing
Enter stage right her tow-in partner and life saver Carlos Burle
Kassia Meador, Steph Gilmore, Sally Fitzgibbons and more showing there’s more to them than surf
So class, what can we conclude from this list?
1. Maya’s wipeout at Nazare and the chat around it was BIG NEWS. The internet loves near death even more than actual death
2. The world loves Alana, both to look at and to scratch their chins over
3. Even though we’re a girls’ action sports site written by girls for girls, a fair amount of guys come here for the pix. How else to explain the popularity of Elena Hight’s naked shoot and Anastasia’s twerking vid. Our writing’s good but not that good…
4. Rachel Atherton brings a lot of love to MTB
5. You like a good debate and thought provoking piece and you love nice pix
6. People want to read more about surfers than snowboarders. Please tell us that isn’t just cos they were bikinis!
Don’t worry though while we do keep half an eye on the stats to keep our bosses sweet, we basically write what we want to write and think you’ll want to read, within the time we have anyway. As The Inertia said it here, we know sharks and Alana are clickbait gold but we use those powers sparingly for the sake of all our sanities.
But enough rambling from us, which features did you enjoy the most this year? What would you like to see more of next year? Tell us below or on our facebook or twitter. We’re almost off for Christmas, back on 2nd January.
Have a rad one, love us xx