With less than 48 hours to go until the 1st European Nikita Chickita Snowdown slopestyle event kicks off in Serfaus, Austria. This is the Nikita forecast for the weekend:
– Over 40 girls from all over Europe have already registered online for the event
– The weather is promising to be supacallafragilisticexbealleydosious a.k.a. excellent and amazing
– Girls have already started to flow into Serfaus and are hitting the park hard.
– The park is shaping up to be kick ass!!
– And as we say in Iceland: “be there or be a cucumber”
The Nikita Chickita Snowdown is an open contest for female snowboarders. There are two categories – women and juniors. Anyone not yet 16 is considered a junior. The contest is held in the Serfaus Park, Austria, on Saturday the 14th of April. The following Sunday is a bad-weather-reserve day. The starting fee will be 15 Euro including a lift ticket.
08:00-09:30 – Registration at Serfaus Ticket Office
09:00-10:00 – Open training
10:00-10.30 – Briefing / Meeting at the blue container in the middle of the park
10:25-10:30 – Reshape
10:30-12:30 – Quali heats (Women and juniors combined)
12:30-13:00 – Lunch break + reshape
13:00-13:50 – Finals Juniors
13:50-14:00 – Reshape
14:00-15:30 – Finals women
20:00-??:?? – Grand Finale, award ceremony at Patschi Aprér Ski Bar
The park is situated on the right hand side of the Planseggbahn chairlift.
Quali:1 to 3 heats of 15-20 competitors. Each rider gets 2 runs, better run counts. The best 12 women and the best 6 juniors get through to the finals.
Finals:The women and juniors will have the same modus: 4 runs per competitor, best two runs count.
Judging criteria:The judges will look at style, versatility, technique and creativity. A rider who does two, three or even four different runs in the finals will get a higher overall mark from the judges. Provided they are nice and stomped.
1. One thousand Euros, one year contract with Nikita, Nikita Limited Hand Made Silver Ring
2. Five hundred Euros, Nikita Limited Hand Made Silver Ring, Nikita Clothing worth 500 Euros
3. Two hundred and fifty Euros, Nikita Limited Hand Made Silver Ring, Nikita Clothing worth 250 Euros
1. Nikita Limited Hand Made Silver ring and Nikita Clothing worth 1.000 Euros
2. Nikita Clothing worth 500 Euros
3. Nikita Clothing worth 250 Euros