The tribe is now complete for the Red Bull Tribalquest photo contest, set to take place in Nendaz from 18 – 22 February 2008.
The 8 tribal leaders and their members have been declared. In February, photographers Myriam Lang-Willar, Jancsi Hadik, Nathan Gallagher, Klaus Polzer, Greg von Doersten, Marcel Lämmerhirt, Ruedi Flück and Roman Eggenberger will traverse the Valais mountains in the region of Nendaz as teams of three in the quest for perfect powder and some sick photos.
The contest combines snowboarding, skiing and photography with the mission to shoot six photos in four days and, most importantly, capture the three Ws on film: Who am I? (portrait), Where am I? (landscape), What am I doing? (action) – photos that tell stories about people, adventurers, friendships and nature.
Six professional teams will be competing against two newcomers, who were whittled down from 20 public applications from 4 different countries. The jury was spoilt for choice but finally decided on Swiss photographers Ruedi Flück and Roman Eggenberger. One of these two newcomer photographers stands to receive an internship with the Red Bull photo agency in Austria at the end of the contest.Teams – Red Bull Tribalquest
1) Photographer – Myriam Lang-Willar (CH); Riders – ski: Andrea Binning (A); snowboard: Jessica Venables (UK)
2) Photographer – Jancsi Hadik (CH); Riders – ski: Nicolas Falquet (CH); snowboard: Xavier Delerue (F)
3) Photographer – Nathan Gallagher (UK); Riders – ski: Pady Graham (UK); snowboard: Tim Warwood (UK)
4) Photographer – Klaus Polzer alias Pepo (D); Riders – ski: Nico Zacek (D); snowboard: Andre Kuhlmann (D)
5) Photographer – Greg Von Doersten (USA); Riders – ski: Phil Meier (CH); snowboard: Eric Themel (A)
6) Photographer – Marcel Lämmerhirt (D); Riders – ski: Florian Wieser (D); snowboard: Alex Schmalz (D)
7) Photographer – Ruedi Flück (CH); Riders – ski: Rolf Bissig (CH); snowboard: Clemens Jezler (CH)
8) Photographer – Roman Eggenberger (CH); Riders – ski: David Ortlieb (CH); snowboard: Julian Fürsinger (CH)
The awards ceremony for the winning photos will be held on the last day of the event (Friday, 22 February 2008).
More info can be found on the Red Bull Tribalquest website.