We’re more than used to watching groms who can skate, surf and snowboard way better than us, but it wasn’t until today that I saw a budgie who could skate better than me and it didn’t make me feel too (groan) chirpy. Here’s the skatebirds in all their kickflipping glory and five other radical pet vids.
1. SKATEBOARDING BUDGIE SESSIONS – on fingerboards and they’ve even got their own park albeit with a slight Guantanamo vibe (via Network A)
2. THE ORIGINAL SKATEBOARDING DOG TILLMAN – who, anthropomorphism aside, always totally seemed to get the buzz of the glide. Wikipedia tells us he also holds the world record for fastest dog skateboarder over 100m. Go Tillman.
3. AND TILLMAN CAN ALSO SNOWBOARD – like a bwosssssssssss
4. THIS DALMATIAN CAN RIDE A BIKE – though he looks a little weird.
5. THESE RATS GET TAKEN SURFING – which sure beats spending a day in a lab being injected with SARS then taped to a treadmill.
6. AS DOES THIS CAT SURFER – though we’re pretty sure Hobbs isn’t loving it McDonald’s stylee is he?
I don’t know Tillman and the budgies aside do these clips knock on the door of animal cruelty or is it only fair to share the stoke?! Maybe folk should save it for the Playmobil models as in this epic Perfect Holiday clip: