1. There’s an open women’s contest. Ok it’s not a ASP Women’s World Tour event but it is an event with prize money and let’s not forget in some years there hasn’t been any women’s surfing at all. Sarah Beardmore (above, surfing waves not dissimilar to those at Fistral, in our dreams that is), star of this week’s Pro Chat, will be competing as will Peony Knight, Lucy Campbell, Keisha Eyre, Gabi Rowe, Holly Donnelly and Celine Gehret. So quite a loaded field. For the full list head here
2. We’re running Tie-Dye High Five Sessions. Super stoked on this! At the Cooler stand, twice a day from Thursday to Sunday, Hannah from Neon Stash will be running her famous tie-dye sessions, and if we you tweet or Instagram your creation you stand a chance of winning a super cool prize from O’Neill or Surfdome. Be there or be a damn crazy fool.
3. The music line up is massiiiiive. So whether you’re into headliners like Ben Howard, The Vaccines and Basement Jaxx, old time legends like Grandmaster Flash or more into shiz like Sweet Baboo you’ll find something for you. Best of all it’s in aid of the mighty Surfers Against Sewage.
4. There’s a longboard contest. And we love watching longboarding especially on mellow Cornish waves. Cooler favourite Candice O’Donnell (above) doesn’t seem to be on the list but Samantha Sunshine is so we’ll look forward to watching her.
5. Cornwall is the best place on earth. Especially when there’s waves. But don’t take our word for it get your lazy asses down there and see for yourselves.
For more info head to the Boardmasters site